I’m Meghan Fredrich, Copywriter
R/GA, Copywriter 2010-Present
Concepting, Copywriting, back-seat art directing.
Clients: Walmart, MasterCard, McCormick, HP, Degree, Verizon, YSL
- Wrote for mobile, social, platforms, apps, print, tv, video, billboards, banners, traditional, non-traditional, online, offline, digital, not digital, inside, outside, and upside-down.
- And concepted ideas for those mediums, too.
BEAM Interactive, Assistant Producer 2006-2008
Junior title, hardly Junior responsibilities.
Clients: Bed Bath & Beyond, MINIUSA, Fidelity, PUMA
- Acquired fluency in and provided translations between creative, tech, account, client and vendor.
- With a laptop and a Large Iced Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, I could: create and update Gantt charts, edit XML, maintain highly complicated excel spreadsheets, write technically detailed POV and functionality documents, and all occasionally before 8pm.
- Imagined it’d be easier to manage the creative process if I was part of the creative process. So now I am.
Arnold, Art Buying & Creative Services Intern 2005
Knee-deep in getting my feet wet.
Clients: VW, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Timberland
- Gained new appreciation for the often difficult, occasionally rewarding stock image search and procurement process.
- Shipped physical portfolios back to their owners. And snuck peeks.
John Kerry for President, Field Intern 2004
I was to the kerry Campaign what the internet was to Obama.
- Organized very enthusiastic people into useful mobs – phone banks, canvas & visibility events.
- Was the face and voice of the campaign by greeting visitors and giving talking points.
- Unlike Obama’s website, I did not win the Cannes Titanium prize for my efforts.
Chicago Portfolio School, Copywriting
Said what everyone already knows but didn’t know it.
Emerson College, B.S. Marketing Communication
Where kids who’ve watched "Fame" too many times go to college.
- Honors Program member and scholarship recipient
- Coursework included questionably practical advertising slang (synergy, the 5 Ps, IMC) and leftist dinner-party intellectualism (literary theory, evolutionary theory, 70s & 80s art, rebel consciousness).
- Somehow, I still turned out okay.
How to Get Some Metal
D&AD Student, Pencil/1st Place
By trying really hard and succeeding.
Website Design Category
Boston Derby Dames, Roller Derby
By trying really hard and breaking some bones.
Twelve pins and one plate